The Chinook 200 is a direct-drive micro-turbine designed for use in off-grid battery charging applications. Its attractive low-profile design, exceptional performance in low winds and low rotor acoustics, make this turbine the ideal choice for almost any application.
The Chinook 200 can also work hand-in-hand with PV panels to ensure that power is being generated in all weather conditions.
The MidNite Chinook Diversion Load (CDL) is an integrated solution designed to prevent the batteries from overcharging and is included with the Chinook 200. Compact and easy to install, the CDL incorporates a 300 Watt resistive heating element and controller board in a powder coated steel enclosure.
- Rotor Blades: Glass Reinforced Nylon
- Rotor Diameter: 1 Meter (3.28 Feet)
- Rated Wind Velocity: 11m/s (24.6 mph)
- Rated Output: 200 Watts
- Max Output: 250 Watts
- Start-up Wind Velocity: 3.5m/s (7.8 mph)
- Total weight: 6.3 Kg (14 lbs)
- Shipping weight: 8.17 Kg (20 lbs)
- Tower mount: 1.5" Schedule 40 pipe
- Chassis Construction: Aluminum
- Diversion Load: 300 Watt Resistive Heating Element
- Warranty: 2 yr