Don’t throw your PV power away! With Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) technology the SB 50DL w/ display Solar Boost helps you get the most for your money. The Solar Boost 50DL also provides the most advanced precision Multi-stage Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) charge control system to ensure the battery is properly and fully charged. This results in enhanced battery performance with less battery maintenance. An equalize function is also included to periodically condition liquid electrolyte lead-acid batteries.
The Solar Boost 50 is so well designed that it would be a winner even without the MPPT function. The MPPT power converter can charge lower voltage batteries from higher voltage panels. For example It can accept a 24 volt PV array to charge a 12 volt battery bank. This reduces the array wiring to 1/4 the size. A built in LCD digital display monitors solar charge performance. The display shows battery voltage, solar panel current and output charge current. You can actually see current boost working by noting the difference between solar panel current and output charge current.
- Patented MPPT technology increases charge current up to 30% or more
- 12/24 Volt / 50 Amp rating supports large solar module arrays
- Multi-stage charge control improves battery performance and life
- LCD digital display monitors PV charge performance
- Available temperature compensation further improves battery performance and life
- Electronic current limit prevents overload or fuse blow
- Durable powder coat finish & conformal coated electronics resist corrosion
- Fully protected against excess current, temperature, transient voltage, and polarity
- Full 3 year limited warranty w/ optional extended coverage available