Less Complicated, More Reliable
Designed to work in conjunction with the revolutionary SolarEdge System, the SolarEdge SE5000A-US-U 5.0 kW gridtie inverter is a highly reliable, compact, easy to install inverter. In a SolarEdge PV system, the MPPT and voltage management are handled separately for each module via a SolarEdge Power Optimizer. (See Power Optimizer options below.) This means the inverter is only responsible for DC to AC inversion, and the result is a less complicated, more reliable device. The fixed string voltage ensures operation at the highest efficiency (greater than 98%) at all times, independent of string length and temperature.
Web-Enabled Data Device Included with Inverter
A proprietary data monitoring receiver is integrated in the SolarEdge SE5000A-US-U 5.0 kW inverter to combine SolarEdge Power Optimizer performance data from each PV module. Multiple inverters can be connected in an RS485 bus, which is included with this inverter, or by using a GSM cellular network. (See Monitoring Accessories below.) The data from the inverters is transmitted to the web using an Ethernet connection or a wireless link and can be accessed via the SolarEdge Monitoring Portal for performance analysis, fault detection and troubleshooting.
Integrated Arc Fault Protection
The newer model, the SE5000A-US-U, comes with integrated arc fault protection (type 1) to help you meet NEC2011 690.11 code requirements.
- Maximum efficiency greater than 98%
- Integrated arc fault protection for NEC 2011 690.11 compliance
- Small, lightweight and easy to install
- 12 year warranty (extendable to 20 or 25 years)
- Built-in module-level monitoring
- Communication to internet via Ethernet or Wireless
- IP65 / NEMA 3R – Outdoor and indoor installation
- Rapid shutdown compliant for NEC 2014 690.12