The Backup Interface is a key component in SolarEdge’s Flexible Backup solution,
controlling disconnection of house loads from the grid in the event of grid interruption.
Homeowners are automatically provided with backup power in the event of grid
interruption to whole home or selected loads. Solar energy can be stored in a battery
for Smart Energy Management applications such as export control, offering demand
response and peak shaving, and performing time of use shifting for reduced electric
200amp MCB Backup Interface is intended for full-home backup.
StorEdge Solution Components
Energy Hub inverter – manages battery and system energy, in addition to its
traditional functionality as a DC-optimized PV inverter.
The StorEdge Connection Unit, located at the bottom of the inverter, allows simple
installation and connectivity to other system components and includes a DC Safety
One or two batteries (optional) – DC-coupled batteries designed to work with the
SolarEdge system. The batteries can be connected to the system optionally and
require the Backup Interface to be installed.
Backup Interface – controls disconnection of house loads from the grid and
integrates the following components to enable grid-tied solar backup and Smart
Energy Management. The Backup Interface must be installed to allow the operation
- Built-in Auto Transformer and Energy Meter for easier and faster installation
- Automatically provide backup power to home loads in the event of grid outage
- Generator connection support
- 200 amp max feed from utility
- Scalable up to 3 inverters
- Compatible with SolarEdge Energy Hub inverters and Energy bank batteries
- 200 amp MCB interface for service-side connection and full-home backup