SMA Sunny Boy 6.0-US
The SMA 6.0-US inverter features several improvements over the previous generation of Sunny Boy inverters including a wider voltage input window, three independent MPPT inputs, direct smartphone access and a Secure Power Supply. The 6.0-US inverter offers an industry-leading 100 volts DC minimum system voltage which means it will work with shorter PV strings and produce more power. The Sunny Boy 6.0-US includes three independent MPPT inputs which improves efficiency and design flexibility. Subarrays of panels can be installed on an East, West and South-facing roof top using the three independent MPPT inputs. The new Sunny Boy 6.0-US includes the Secure Power Supply feature which can output up to 2,000 watts of AC power during a power outage while the sun is shining.
This is the first grid-tied inverter from SMA to offer direct access via a smartphone. The SMA 6.0-US also includes an integrated DC disconnect switch with each inverter. The combination of three MPPT inputs, Secure Power Supply, direct smartphone access and integrated DC disconnect make this one of the most cost-effective inverters available. Three MPPT inputs is especially useful for PV arrays with shading or complex roof tops with multiple sub-arrays.
10-year warranty is standard, 15 and 20 year warranty extensions available.
Note: Rapid system shutdown is required for all PV systems installed on buildings. SMA systems require additional hardware for rapid shutdown and you may need to add extra components depending on your installation and the local requirements:
For NEC 2014: SMAs rapid shutdown box
is a cost-effective solution to meet 2014 NEC 690.12 Rapid Shutdown requirements.
For NEC 2017: Optimizers can be added onto every module to comply with 2017 NEC 690.12 requirements for system Rapid Shutdown. The TS4-R-F
provides the necessary safety features and is the most cost-effective solution for NEC 2017 compliance. SMA offers a full line of optimizers with monitoring, shade mitigation and module optimization features, click here
for the complete list of options.
Note that using TS4 optimizers will disable the Secure Power Supply functionality of the inverter.
- World’s first Secure Power Supply now offers up to 2,000 W
- Full grid management capabilities ensures a utility-compliant solution for any market
- New Installation Assistant with direct access via smartphone minimizes time in the field
- Integrated disconnect simplifies equipment stocking and speeds installation
- SMA’s proprietary OptiTracTM Global Peak technology mitigates shade with ease
- Multiple independent MPPTs accommodate hundreds of stringing possibilities
- Two-part enclosure concept allows for simple, expedited servicing
- Enhanced AFCI technology reduces false tripping while improving sensitivity in real arcs, greatly reducing unneeded service calls