Smart Energy Advisor -Residential supervisor
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Smart Energy Advisor -Residential supervisor, at Unbound Solar, will be responsible for assisting the Director of Sales in overseeing the residential sales organization of Unbound Solar. The supervisor’s overall role is to communicate organizational needs, oversee employees’ performance, provide guidance, support, identify development needs, and manage the relationship between staff and the organization so that each is successful. Ultimately a supervisory role, the ideal candidate will split their time 50/50 between supervision and generating their own sales requirements, contributing to the organization in the residential market sector.
- Manage employee workflow.
- Responsible for holding members accountable for sales goals and report back to management.
- Manage and submit employee timecards.
- Assist with the onboarding of new residential sales employees with the necessary training tools in the Unbound software suite.
- Be responsible with running weekly sales meetings for the residential team to meet corporate sales objectives.
- Primary point of contact for day-to-day sales questions, as escalations are required.
- Provide the necessary reporting tools to the sales team.
- From a sales capacity, you will be the key point of contact and the liaison between the customer and Unbound Solar. You will guide and consult our customers with the best customer experience possible.
- Act in a consultative manner: build rapport, listen, and communicate to understand customer problem(s), need, expectation and timeline.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of your sales pipeline via the 7-step sales process.
- Engage customers 1-on-1 via phone, or video meetings on a regular basis. In person sales calls, trade shows may be required.
- Responsible for account check-ins to make sure all client requirements are being met. (Examples include, open order reports, promotional initiatives, inventory programs, new product releases)
- Able to provide a sales overview of the USE systems to commercial/residential customers.
- Able to identify the appropriate technical solution from the USE product portfolio.
- Able to provide a cost benefit analysis of USE systems for commercial/residential customers while keeping the customer’s budget at the forefront.
- Responsible for sending quotes to customers focusing on corporate KPI’s and initiatives.
- Collaborate with USE system designers to close complex sales opportunities.
- Provide an educational level technical support if/when required.
- Meet the customers’ needs while meeting company goals and expectations.
- Exercise abilities to solve problems, come up with solutions, communicate effectively with co-workers, customers, and upper management.
- Perform at a high level to meet and exceed established sales targets for a supervisor role.
- Utilize all provided technologies including but not limited to HubSpot, G Suite, Aurora, and Acumatica in performance of daily duties.
- Participate in training sessions to advance knowledge of sales processes and USE products.
- Work collaboratively with customer support and other Unbound departments to provide guidance in an after-market situation allowing customers to Live Unbound!
- You possess a HS Diploma or GED, with a college education preferred
- You have 5+ years account management or other managerial operational experience
- You have a proven, successful track record as an account manager in B2B markets
- You possess excellent computer skills to utilize our web-based applications
- You have excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- You can handle rejection and successfully approach the next opportunity
- You are able to maintain composure in high stress situations, and can de-escalate
- You are self-motivated with excellent time management skills
- You are able to work in a fast-paced work environment