Smart Energy Sales Representative
Reporting to the Smart Energy Supervisor, the Smart Energy Sales Representative will work in a consultative sales role guiding customers their solar journey and sell smart energy systems in a residential market space. The Smart Energy Sales Representative handles system sales for the full range of USE product portfolio. Examples include (grid-tie, grid tie w/ battery backup, and off-grid). This is an inside sales account management role.
- You will be the key point of contact and the liaison between the customer and Unbound Solar. You will guide and consult our customers with the best customer experience possible.
- Act in a consultative manner: build rapport, listen, and communicate to understand customer problem(s), need, expectation and timeline.
- Ability to manage your sales pipeline via the 7-step sales process.
- Engage customers 1-on-1 via phone, or video meetings on a regular basis.
- Able to provide a sales overview of the USE systems to residential customers.
- Able to identify the appropriate technical solution from the USE product portfolio.
- Able to provide a cost benefit analysis of USE systems for residential customers while keeping the customer’s budget at the forefront.
- Responsible for sending quotes to customers focusing on corporate KPI’s and initiatives.
- Collaborate with USE system designers to close complex sales opportunities.
- Provide an educational level technical support if/when required.
- Meet the customers’ needs while meeting company goals and expectations.
- Exercise abilities to solve problems, come up with solutions, communicate effectively with co-workers, customers, and upper management.
- Perform at a high level to meet and exceed established sales targets.
- Utilize all provided technologies including but not limited to HubSpot, G Suite, Aurora, and Accumatica in performance of daily duties.
- Participate in training sessions to advance knowledge of sales processes and USE products.
- Work collaboratively with customer support and other Unbound departments to provide guidance in an after-market situation allowing customers to Live Unbound!
- You have a HS Diploma or GED, with college education preferred
- You have 5+ years of account management experience. You have a proven track record in sales, construction, finance, hospitality, military/first responder, engineering or other related service markets
- You preferably have experience with your own solar system and/or understanding of general construction and electricity
- You possess excellent computer skills
- You have excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- You can handle rejection and successfully approach the next opportunity
- You are able to maintain composure in high stress situations, and can de-escalate
- You are self-motivated with excellent time management skills
- You are able to work in a fast-paced work environment
- You are a self-motivated, quick thinker
- You have a driving need to be thinking about the next call and the next sale