In this role you will pick, pack and process distribution orders of solar equipment. You will work with a team of warehouse personnel to ensure orders are correct and ready on time. Attention to detail and great care is required to make sure orders arrive as expected for our customers with no damage during shipping. You will have an opportunity to learn all components of residential solar systems.
- Prepare orders for shipping by packaging orders for shipment by ground or freight. Label components correctly and place appropriate stickers per shipment type.
- Assist shipping and receiving, unloading trucks and checking in merchandise.
- Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed and/or shipped.
- Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined material stocking locations.
- Ensure the warehouse is accessible and safe for employees and visitor traffic.
- Forklift operation and safety.
- Open incoming shipments, crates, and other containers using general building hand-tools.
- Make crates and other containers using ply-wood or cardboard using general building hand-tools.
- Assist in counting of physical inventory.
- You have a High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- You have three months or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You will have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- You have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- You possess computer skills for record keeping, tracking the shipping queue and daily work-flow.
- You have attention to detail, knowledge of working with general building hand-tools, and ability to work with and accept direction from fellow employees.
- You can stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl on a regular basis
- You can regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than one hundred pounds with assistance.