Distribution Center Manager
Reporting to the Supply Chain Director, the Distribution Center Manager will oversee and coordinate the daily warehousing activities for Unbound Solar. They will ensure the company’s high level of customer service expectations and operational integrity are met and/or exceeded on a daily basis by improving the warehouse efficiency in production, shipping and inventory.
- Day to day supervision of the Warehouse staff by leading them through; training, assigning tasks, scheduling shifts, coaching and counseling.
- Responsible for communicating job expectations; planning and monitoring job flow.
- Implements standards for all warehouse activities including; safety, productivity, quality, and customer-service.
- Uses critical thinking skills to resolve problems while identifying and recommending warehouse system improvements.
- Monitors and reports operational costs of the warehouse.
- Works with the Finance and Procurement Departments to inform inventory levels and optimize warehouse capacity.
- Maintains storage area by; organizing floor space, adhering to storage design principles and recommending improvements to product staging.
- Maintains inventory by conducting: cycle counts, quarterly physical counts and reconciling variances with the Finance and Procurement Departments.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining safety protocol, policies and practices for the Warehouse infrastructure and employees
- Oversees receiving shipments and RMAs on a daily basis.
- Maintains company values of service through quality assurance of shipping and manufacturing.
- You have at least a high school diploma or general education degree (GED), with a Bachelor’s in Business or 5 years equivalent experience preferred
- You possess two or more years of related experience and/or training, with experience in the Solar Industry preferred
- You have knowledge and experience with LEAN and Six Sigma principles
- You are dependable and have strong verbal and written communication Skills
- You possess analytical and critical thinking skills
- You have the ability to read, create and interpret documents such as safety rules, operational maintenance instructions, and SOPs
- You have intermediate computer skills for record keeping and tracking the daily work-flow
- You can work in hot summer and cold winter conditions and can lift 80 lbs or more regularly, from floor to waist height