Accounts Payable Specialist
This position is responsible for all Accounts Payable functions. This includes classifying expenses, entering invoices, issuing payments and reconciling the Accounts Payable Ledger. Responsibilities also include issuing RMA payments and assisting the sales team with order corrections. This position is crucial for the quarterly physical inventory process.
- Review invoices for appropriate documentation and approval.
- Classify expenses and input into Accounts Payable system.
- Process payments in a timely manner by check, wire, or ACH utilizing vendor discounts.
- Audit and process credit card bills.
- Maintain petty cash and reconcile monthly on an as-needed basis.
- Maintain the AP ledger and reconciliation in Acumatica.
- Complete credit applications for vendor accounts and respond to vendor inquiries.
- Assist in preparing annual 1099 reports.
- Review inventory by monitoring transactions and reconciling inventory reports to the General Ledger.
- Work with Purchasing and Warehouse staff to perform quarterly physical inventory. Attend inventory meetings.
- Work inside Avatax & Acumatica to audit Sales tax figures for monthly filing. File sales tax returns where Avalara does not file for us.
- Prepare correction orders and process RMA’s for the sales department.
- Enter AP Bills against Purchase Order Receipts in Acumatica
- Cross train with Accounts Receivable position.
- Respond to management/ Outside Auditors information requests
- You possess a High School diploma or General Education Degree, with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- You have had at least 3-5 years’ of bookkeeping or accounting coursework.
- You possess a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- You have knowledge of general accounting principles.
- You have good communication and customer service skills
- You possess general knowledge and experience with cloud-based software and intermediate Excel skills.
- You are self-motivated with excellent time management skills.
- You can multitask in a fast-paced work environment.