The ExprESS is a battery powered AC generator and Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) that stores electricity for use when and where power from the grid is unavailable: remote, off-grid, emergency and black- out scenarios. The ExprESS stores electricity from solar and wind chargers (DC input), conventional generators, and the grid (AC input).
- Mobile AC power for critical equipment where you need it in a home, office, hospital, school or emergency shelter
- USB ports and AC outlets for charging cell phones, tablets and other portable devices
- Locking NEMA3R cabinet for outdoor/indoor security and heavy-duty lockable casters for safe and easy mobility
As a reliable primary or back-up power supply, the ExprESS is safe for indoor use, is non-toxic and does not require ventilation or cooling. The ExprESS delivers 7.0 kWh, a sufficient reserve to operate computers, appliances, AV equipment, power tools, refrigeration and medical equipment for hours or days at a time.
Controller Module: Controls on-off, inverter, charger and monitors state of charge
Inverter/Charger: Changes DC battery electricity to 115 Volt AC output and recharges battery
AC Input/AC Output Circuit Breaker: Protects against AC overloads and short circuits
DC Circuit Breaker ON-OFF Switch: Protects against DC overloads and short circuits
(2) PHI 3.5 kWh Batteries: Electronically controlled energy storage and management of DC current
AC Input: 115 Volt AC input for direct pass-through AC and for charging PHI 3.5 batteries (included)
(2) USB Outlets: For charging and operating cell phones, tablets, and other electronic devices
DC Input: For solar or wind
HOW THE ExprESS WORKS
UPS Mode (Uninterruptible Power Supply)
- Plug the supplied extension cord into the ExprESS AC Input and into a standard AC outlet (wall socket)
- Plug electronic devices and equipment into one of the ExprESS AC or USB DC power outlets
- Turn the ExprESS inverter ON using the Controller Module (refer to manual as needed)
- AC Power will now be available from the ExprESS AC outlet
- The AC grid automatically charges the ExprESS whenever the batteries need recharging
- During a grid failure, the ExprESS automatically switches to UPS mode enabling uninterrupted (continual) and reliable equipment operation for critical electrical loads
Remote AC Power
- Turn the ExprESS inverter ON using the Controller Module
- Plug electronic devices and equipment into the ExprESS AC or USB DC power outlets
- Power is now available to run your electronic devices and equipment for hours or days at a time
- When battery power is low or whenever time permits, plug the ExprESS into the wall, generator or solar/wind charger to recharge. Charging can be done as frequently as desired without harm to the system or the PHI 3.5 batteries. The ExprESS can be used to support electrical loads while charging.
The power required to run equipment in everyday situations varies with the electrical device. Appliances such as microwaves, irons, toaster ovens, and hairdryers require high current for short periods of time. Appliances such as televisions, computers, fans, and refrigerators use low current for extended periods of time. Please contact us for help sizing a system based on your needs.
- NEMA 3R cabinet
- Magnum Energy MS4448PAE inverter/charger
- (4) 115V GFCI sockets for powering devices rated up to 15 Amps
- (2) PHI 3.5 kWh 48Vdc batteries
- Morningstar TriStar-45 MPPT charge controller