Fronius builds products that can withstand the test of time in harsh environments and heavy use. The IG-2000 weighs only 26 pounds making it the lightest grid-intertied inverter on the market. Because they use fewer raw materials in building each Fronius IG, it means less CO2 emissions and less material to recycle down the road.
Because it is lightweight, it costs two to three times less to ship a Fronius IG inverter. This means less fossil fuels consumed to get the Fronius IG from our warehouse to your photovoltaic installation. Keep up the conscious effort to eliminate the threat of pollution.
- MPPT accuracy of 99.9 percent. Regardless of which PV modules you use: crystalline, poly or thin film.
- The FRONIUS IG Module Manager TM software locks onto the array's maximum power point to optimize your array's energy output.
- Cooling- FRONIUS IG inverters operate reliably at full power, without de-rating, over a wider range of temperatures than competing inverters.
- Phase Shift Technology- Unique phase-shift design maximizes switching efficiency. Switching losses are minimized through an innovative process, allowing an even higher efficiency to be maintained.
- Fully programmable operation
- The Fronius IG uses a high frequency transformer, which is substantially smaller than the 60 Hz transformers with one-stage topologies. The transformer also provides galvanic isolation. Since transformers are largely made of copper and iron, that's a lot of raw metal that is no longer necessary.
- We have optimized the output inductor to put two inductors on one coil. Many other inverters use two separate inductors, which add up to a heavier inverter.
- A wide input voltage range permits the use of modules of very power size and voltage. You can easily fine-tune your system with different wattage modules and string configurations. The voltage window for the entire Fronius IG series is 150-450Vdc.
- Every FRONIUS IG comes standard with integrated DC and AC disconnects. Both DC and AC electrical connections are made in the convenient installer accessible wiring compartment. We have pre-wired the DC breaker to a heavy-duty terminal block that accepts up to eight #8 AWG conductors.